Questions To Ask Before You Choose What Trade Show To Exhibit At
Trade shows are aplenty. While it may be tempting to go and exhibit at all of them, doing so doesn’t always make sense. As an exhibitor, you have to keep a lot of things in mind while taking a call. Here’s what could help you choose right over wrong.
How To Choose The Right Trade Show
- What do you want? Unless you have the answer to this question, there’s not much you can do at a trade show, so why bother exhibiting anyway? It’s important that you are clear on your trade show objectives or better still, have written them down somewhere. Are you looking to increase brand awareness? Is a new product in the pipeline? How about launching it then, at an upcoming show? Make an informed choice.
- Who would you meet there? A show floor may be bustling with the crowd, but if your target audience is not out there, there’s nothing in it for you. Do some research beforehand. Identify your target audience, if you haven’t already, and then take a look at the show’s track record. Most of the organizers share some sort of prospectus or brochure which could give you a sneak peek into the demographics they attract. Say yes only if there’s a match.
- What’s beneath the surface? If everything looks hunky dory, dig deeper. Check out the show’s website to develop a better understanding of what it can do for you. You may also want to refer to articles and publications that may have covered the show in the past. What was their opinion? The feedback of the show could play an instrumental role in helping you decide.
- What did the others get? Your peers from the industry may have exhibited at the show in question. If so, were they able to get the most out of it? What about your competitors? If they have been to the show in the past, then that’s exactly where you should head next. Their participation is a testament to the fact that the show is worth its while. It is also a good idea to keep tabs on some of the biggest players in your industry. If they prefer going to a specific show, you may want to follow suit for obvious reasons.
- What would it cost you? Trade show participation doesn’t come for free, and sometimes, you may have to spend more than your marketing budget allows you to. If that’s the case, do calculate the ROI. Would the show help you earn more than what you will spend on it in the first place? And yes, do not forget to take the additional costs into consideration – booth designing, shipping, team travel, anything and everything that could lead to a last-minute surprise!
- What kind of a show it is? In the end, it all comes down to why you are exhibiting. For instance, if you are to launch a new product, you should opt for a consumer-focused trade show. On the other hand, if your brand could use some networking, an industry trade show would serve the purpose better.
Remember, the wrong show can have a drastic impact on your ROI or worse, lower your morale. So it’s important to choose wisely!