Two of the major AFA events are making a comeback this September. The Annual Air, Space & Cyber (ASC) conference will see experts from across the globe. Air Force leaders and members of the academia will be here too. They will explore the challenges facing America, the aerospace community and Air Force. The other event, i.e. the National Convention will rather focus on shaping the association. It will attract AFA members from all over the world.
ASC 2018: Air Power, Space, Cyber Developments & More!
Looking to gain new insights and skills that could help advance your career? Look no further. AFA’s Air, Space & Cyber Conference (ASC) is where you can do all this and more. You will see the latest innovations in air power, space, and cyber capabilities. And guess what, you’ll also get enough time to bond with fellow airmen. Here’s what else lies in store:
- Inspiring addresses from recognized leaders in the Air Force. Who’s to say a little inspiration won’t go a long way in helping you take your career to the next level?
- ASC, the premier event for defense and aerospace professionals, will see the who’s who. Senior leaders from Air Force and experts from government, industry, and academia. They’ll all be here!
- ASC and the technology exposition will see over 130 companies showcasing their capabilities. They will have access to more than 100,000 square feet of space. And during the three-day run, they will get over 21 hours of exhibit time. The best part is that 44% of these are are non-compete hours.
- Two popular and well-attended receptions are also in the offing. These will help the exhibitors and Air Force leaders network and exchange ideas.
From engaging speakers to panel discussions, there’s a lot to look forward to. Including of course, the coveted technology exposition. It will feature the latest solutions for tomorrow’s problems. And yes, this year’s theme is “Multi-Domain Operations: Leveraging the Full Spectrum.” Intriguing, right? ASC will take place from September 17-19.
Did you know that ASC 2017 saw more than 9,000 attendees? For three days, they had access to informative speaker sessions. And there were 138 exhibitor booths that they could go to.
AFA’s National Convention 2018: Shaping The Future
The AFA’s National Convention precedes the ASC. It is an opportunity waiting to happen. The AFA members get to shape the future of the Air Force Association or AFA, as a delegate. The convention will take place on September 15-16. Here’s what will be in the spotlight at the convention:
- Opportunities to meet & greet the other field leaders from across the country. You could always share the best practices with them, or the other way around.
- AFA Field Awards Dinner. It will be here that exceptional volunteers and chapters will get recognition.
- A Memorial Service and Wreath Laying for honoring the AFA and Air Force leaders
- Training for current and potential AFA Field Leaders
- A “Meet and Greet” for spouses and guests
- There are many other activities on the table. They are all aimed at helping AFA delegates and guests make the most their visit. After all, they’ll be coming all the way to National Harbor and the Washington D.C. area.
Being at these events could be an opportunity to touch base. Or a once-in-a-lifetime chance to bring your capabilities to the fore. Either way, you must put your best foot forward. Ask us how!