How To Make Perfect Exhibition Stand Design For Small Business The importance of being present at specific events of the industry is well known to business owners. However, what most people ignore is the importance of targeted efforts to garner attention and attract the right audience. Targeted efforts are quintessential for creating a lasting impression…
How To Make Perfect Exhibition Stand Design For Small Business
The importance of being present at specific events of the industry is well known to business owners. However, what most people ignore is the importance of targeted efforts to garner attention and attract the right audience. Targeted efforts are quintessential for creating a lasting impression of your brand through Custom Exhibition Stand Design.
Almost everyone you meet will tell you how first impressions play a vital role in attracting traffic to your exhibition stand at the trade show. When you fail to pay attention to this aspect, business goes to the competitors because your brand stays unnoticed. Unplanned and unattractive exhibition stand design is mostly the reason for lack of attention.
According to a survey by Spingo event management, 92% of trade show attendees come to see and learn about what’s new in products and services. It is thus very important to attract attention towards your offerings amidst the multitude of exhibitors at the trade show.
Here Are The Top Exhibition Stand Design Tips
For you to create a lasting impression using your exhibition stand design:
- Know your goals: This has to be sorted even before you confirm your participation in a trade show. You need to define your specific goals for the show. Define if you want to sell products or services or just get more leads. You may just want to network with like-minded people or assess reactions to your new launch. Once the goals are defined, your exhibition stand design can be planned to specifically reflect these goals. The exhibition stand design is the best way to convey your vision and offering to the audience. Your goals can act as guidelines all through the process of designing.
- Keep the preferences of your audience in mind: Remember that your exhibition stand design is for your audience and not you. It is essential to define the targeted audience and keep your homework ready. Research about the audience and their likes and dislikes. As Howard Schultz, the former CEO of Starbucks rightly states, “For any consumer brand today, it is incumbent to create relevancy in all aspects of its customer’s lives” Your exhibition booth design must be built around the results of your research about your audience. It is easy to be carried away by your preferences but crucial to stick to those of the audience.
- Make the best of the available space: The first step in creating a good exhibition stand design is to assess the exact dimensions of your space and then plan the design elements accordingly. It has to be a fine balance between the effective utilization of space and preventing too much clutter. At the time of booking, note down the exact dimensions that will be available to you. This will help you with designing. It is often a disaster if your exhibits or custom stands are a lot bigger or smaller than the designated space. The exact location of your exhibition booth in the trade show premised can also help you determine the height of your design elements. It is important that your logo and brand name is visible across the hall. You can use a high arch design to a rotating design at the top to achieve this. One word of caution would be to keep the entry to your exhibition booth smooth and clutter-free in order to facilitate free movement.
- Messaging at your exhibition stand: This is about banners and billboards that you use in your exhibition stand or somewhere else in the hall to attract visitors. The key here is to say maximum in as less text as possible. The reason for this minimalist approach is that the visitors are likely to come across several banners and they will not have the time or patience to read through it all. A creative, eye-catching and thought-provoking message will be perfect here. Large and clear words, short and crisp messages and the use of action verbs are advised to achieve attractive exhibition show display.
- Graphics and images for your exhibition booth design: Saul Bass who was an award-winning graphic designer from America quoted, “design is thinking made visual”.
Once people understand the importance of visual design, they can take their marketing efforts notches higher. Extending messaging beyond the text is beneficial for exhibiting at trade shows.
Similar to short and crisp messages, a powerful image can convey a complex message effectively. You need to summarize the value of your brand in one image. Lifesize images are very efficient design elements in an exhibition stand. Make sure your image is designed to suit your target audience and its preferences.
Placement is another important aspect. All graphics must be strategically placed in a way that it is visible from a distance and easily understandable.
- Strategic placement of light: Light elements in your exhibition stand will help you accentuate the text and graphics. Additionally, you can opt for ambient lights that help to create the right vibe for your visitors. You can attract the right attention for your products and services using the right placement of lights. Some attractive ways to impress your visitors will your lighting arrangements could be angled light boxes t the entry or coloured lights at different spots. Creativity is the key here.
- Strengthen your exhibition stand design with technology: The above elements of design are classic and timeless. Modern technology can further enhance the appeal of your exhibition stand. Interactive touchscreens, virtual reality systems, games etc. can help you convey your products and services better to the audience and intrigue them further.
Tony Zambito, the founder of buyer personas and buyer insights quotes,” Instead of using technology to automate processes, use technology to enhance human interaction”.
This works really well at a trade show when you complement your presence with superior technology. Proximity marketing is another aspect that you can include in your trade show marketing plan. This includes sending messages or emails to customers as they walk by your booth. This could inform them about deal s and discounts or invite them for personal interaction.
- Offer the visitors, an opportunity to interact with your offerings: Most people are there at the trade show only to analyze the products. Why not make it easier for them and offering hands-on experience. You can also assess their reactions and note down scopes for improvement. Once you offer them value, they will trust more in the brand.
We at XS Worldwide help you exhibit your brand with an impressive exhibition Stand Designs that will not only attract visitors but also create a lasting impression of your brand.